Tuesday 19 February 2013

OUGD406- Design is about doing


Group Crit



1.


2.


The feedback I received from the crit was really useful. The group confirmed what I had already thought, that images 1 and 2 above are the most successful. However I received some good suggestions on how I could possible improve them.

 Image 1

The group suggested that I swap the colours round so the blue would be the background colour similar to image two.

Image 2 

The main suggestion was to remove the box around the P because it reminded them of a parking sign and to maybe use symbols instead of numbers in the clock. 

At the moment I am leaning more towards image 2 because I think it represents the band better and I prefer the balance of colours. I agree with the suggestion about removing the box around the P but I don't think I am going to change the numbers on the clock because it defeats the purpose of the hands pointing to the 8 and 7 to represent the year the band debuted. 


Secret-7 Entry 



Evaluation

I set out to design 5 variations that represented the band 'Public Enemy', choosing one to enter into the secret-7 competition.

I looked at the iconic characteristics of the band that I felt best communicated what there are about. I focused on the productions methods, logo and features of the two main members of the group. I created the designs on illustrator but wanted to make them look hand-rendered to as I felt it was more appropriate to represent Hiphop and the culture. I experimented with the knowledge I have learnt from the colour theory lessons by using triadic colour schemes. 

Overall I really enjoyed this brief as I am a big fan of Hiphop. I found it much more engaging as I was interested in the subject. Unfortunately my design didn't get picked for the competition but it was a good experience and good exposer as nearly 1000 people viewed my design.






No comments:

Post a Comment