Thursday 15 May 2014

OUGD502- Module Evaluation




1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have a basic understanding of how the business side of design works. I found it really difficult but interesting and a good insight to the procedures required starting up a business. It has been inspiring to me listening to Johns presentations and stories about his experiences within the filed.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I am getting much better of thinking about how I can apply a design to a range of media and seeing how far I can push the range across different mediums. This has made me realise branding and identity is one area of design I really enjoy and would like to further explore.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I feel my work represents me as a person through the minimal stripped back aesthetics. I like to create work that is considered and balanced that has visual impact. I now feel comfortable within my self in regards to producing work and definitely know I prefer to create work digitally.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
My finishing skills are getting better but I still want to improve them so I can produce work that could stand up against any professional and commercial product out there. This will be achieve through more practice and experimentation.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

- I would of liked to make some kind of packaging to house the promotional material. This would be better if I was to send the pack to studios.

- I need to spend some time looking into studios and sorting out placements

- I would like to have more of a focus in regards to the areas of design I would like to work in, I don’t think I can make this decision until I have some work experience.

- I should of researched more in depth about the business side of the module and gone more indepth with the group presentations and work because a lot of it is still new to me and I need to understand it better to cover myself when I come into the industry.

- My organisation has been really bad towards the end of the year and I have struggled to balance the work load between modules. I need to plan my time better so I can get the most out of the briefs and produce a larger body of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment